The US Open Beer Championship recently doled out medals to top beers from around the country. We’re more interested in the winners of the Most Creative Beer Names. Does your favorite top these?
1. Long, Dark Voyage to Uranus – Sawdust City
2. Brew Free! Or Die IPA – 21st Amendment
3. Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout – Wynkoop Brewing
4. The Abyss – Deschutes Brewery
5. Bitch’n Camaro – Sun King Brewing
6. Naked Pig Pale Ale – Back Forty Brewing
7. Triple Lindy – Big Bear Brewing
8. MassWhole Hefe Weizen – Wormtown Brewing
9. Hotter than Helles – Cigar City Brewing
10. Octopus Ink – Pike Brewing
There are plenty of events that name the best beers from around the country. There are very few who move on to judging the names. Just over 2,500 beers were entered, and these were the judges picks. Obviously we don’t know exactly what was entered in the contest, but I can think of a few better options. Pipeworks’ “Ninja vs. Unicorn” and Solemn Oath’s Snaggletooth Bandana immediately come to mind. If you have a more creative favorite, drop it in the seldom used comments below.
And if you care about who they deemed to have the best beer, you can see the full list of winners here.