Have you ever wondered at $295 what the world’s most expensive hamburger tastes like? It’s served at Serendipity in NYC and covered in gold, so naturally Def Jam rapper 2 Chainz had to go taste it for us.
Firstly, what exactly makes a burger worth $295? According to the NYDailyNews here’s what goes in to the making of this opulent creation:
– Wagyu beef infused with 10-herb white truffle butter
– Salish Alderwood smoked Pacific sea salt
– hand-formed cheddar cheese that’s been cave-aged for 18 months
– shaved black truffles
– fried quail egg
– white truffle-buttered Campagna roll
– blini, crème fraiche
– Kaluga caviar, farm-raised in Quzhou, China
– all speared with a solid gold ‘Fleur de Lis’ toothpick encrusted with diamonds and designed by jeweler Euphoria New York
Sooo it’s not for everyone. I’m not gonna like to you and say I wouldn’t want to eat that, but I’d much rather beef + bacon and call it a day. Apparently 2 Chainz and I differ a bit on that as he set out to taste the burger, and here’s the video from GQ Magazine:
So now for the million dollar question: what’s the most you’d ever spend on a hamburger?
….Answers down below in the comments. Me? I’m thinking $30 MAX, but it would basically have to be smothered in tiny bits of heaven and served with the world’s rarest beer.
For more like this you can follow me on Twitter HERE, and if you have any tips for me or the site you can tweet them at me there.