You can’t go wrong with pizza, but sometimes you need to class it up a little bit. These Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups will make people think you’re the classiest person since Little Caesar himself.
A friend of mine has been bugging me to make something like this for months now. His idea was, “like Fruit Roll-Ups, only with prosciutto and some kind of fancy marinara to dip them in.” I decided to keep it traditional instead partly out of convenience and partly so he didn’t completely get his way. In any case, it was a brilliant idea because they things are delicious.
It doesn’t take a whole lot to make Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups happen. I was going to get huge pepperonis from the deli counter, but the line was absurd, and I didn’t have patience for that nonsense. The little ones worked just fine though. No complaints from me or… well just me. I don’t have any with whom friends to share these.
It’s tough to tell, but those are the three stages of prep for this concoction. My first instinct was to completely cover the dough in cheese. Luckily I thought it through and realized that’s exactly what was going to happen once it was rolled.
Speaking of rolling, after doing so you wrap your pepperoni pizza log in parchment paper and throw in the freezer for a few minutes, making it much easier to cut into slices. More importantly, it looked like the biggest joint I’ve ever seen outside of a Cheech & Chong movie.
You can already see that these are going to be the fanciest pizza you’ve ever eaten. They look almost good enough to have right now, but uncooked dough is not something you’re gonna want to eat.
The only thing I’d change from the way I made these would be to give them more room. I thought the small dish would help prevent any expansion, but instead they just stuck together. Next time around I’ll use a bigger dish to make sure none of them are touching each other. That’s the only “no touching” rule at my house, but it’s an important one.
Look at that fancy marinara sauce! These Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups turned out as well as I could have hoped. The were absolutely delicious, quickly moving up my list of 56 favorite things I’ve cooked. They’re easy to hold too, making them perfect for a party.
- 1 satchel pepperoni
- 3/4 cup marinara
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 can pre-made thin crust pizza dough
- 1 tsp butter
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Make a mess with flour on counter then unroll pizza dough on it.
- Cover with 1/2 cup marinara sauce (remaining 1/4 cup is for dipping).
- Add mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese.
- Roll up dough and wrap in parchment paper to make giant joint.
- Put in freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove dough log from freezer and cut into slices.
- Place in dish and brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on Italian seasoning.
- Place in oven and bake about 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and eat one immediately.
- Enjoy that loose skin from where you just burned your mouth for the rest of the day.