Why choose between brownies, cookies, or candy when you can eat all three in one bite? Cookie Dough Brownie Cups might just be the best dessert since Oreo Lasagna.
LazyTown taught me that it’s a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake. I still haven’t gathered the testicular fortitude to try that yet, but I’ll happily put a bunch of pre-made snacks into a muffin tray and call myself the Swedish chef from The Muppets. This is the sort of baking that even I can handle.
Pre-cubed cookie dough is god’s gift to dessert loving guys everywhere. You don’t need any skill or knowledge to make perfect cookies every time. But why stop there? Opening Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups is pretty easy too, as is making brownies from a mix.
Who knew that all it takes to make brownies is stirring powder, water, oil, and an egg together? All this time stirring has been one of my best skills, and I’ve been wasting it on soup.
Yes, this is the same picture as before, but it’s really the bread and butter of this food. It’s what made me want to make them in the first place. The degenerate in me can’t turn down multiple gut-busting desserts layered on top of each other likes the world’s greatest open face sandwich.
The brownies are like Tiger Woods in that they can fill at least 12 slots. I’m watching my girlish figure though so I only made half. A dozen of these abominations is the last thing I need sitting in my apartment right now. I’ll happily share if you want to get in my van though.
In the interest of full disclosure, I didn’t wait for these to cool before eating one. I actually dug in with a spoon while it was still int he muffin tray. Don’t judge me.
While these may not be the most beautiful or symmetrical dessert, at least when I make them, Cookie Dough Brownie Cups will spoil your taste buds. No dessert will ever taste this good again, so eat with caution. Or eat with reckless abandon, whatever. I’m not here to tell you how to live your life. Just be sure there’s a treadmill nearby or it’s going to be a short one.
This recipe came from Food.com, and I didn’t make a single change to it. You can’t improve perfection. Plus after last week on the Guyism Grill I thought we could all use a break from booze-filled food.
- 8 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter cups
- 20 ounces brownie mix
- 2 eggs (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- 1/4 cup water (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare brownie batter according to box directions (but do not cook!).
- In a greased mini brownie or mini loaf pan (12 slots per tray) press cookie dough in the bottom of each slot.
- Put an upside down Reese cup in each on top of the pressed dough.
- Top by pouring brownie mix evenly over each slot.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes (will vary by oven).
- Eat one before it even cools enough to take it out of the tray.
- Reflect shamefully on life.