Another E-Cig Explosion Almost Blew This Guy’s Leg Clean Off, And There’s Video This Time

For all the naysayers out there EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we publish something like this, who claim there’s no possible way e-cigs can just spontaneously blow up, zero chance it can happen because they’re completely harmless, funny Chad memes yada yada, here it is…

Hard evidence that e-cigs and vapes can, in fact, malfunction and combust at any given moment.

[protected-iframe id=”34e3f809fddd7ec063edd0034c789f6b-97886205-98225156″ info=”” width=”640″ height=”350″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” webkitallowfullscreen=”” mozallowfullscreen=”” allowfullscreen=””]

“That’ll be $6.99, sir.”

“Sure just let me get my wall–ohhhhh shiiiittttt!”

I don’t know if that conversation actually happened between the store clerk at a Kentucky Shell station and “3rd degree burns because my e-cig exploded” victim, Josh Hamilton, actually happened, but I imagine it kind of played out like that.

I mean, how else would you react when you’re just going about your day and then BOOM an enormous fireball erupts from your own pocket!?

For the curious, this is an image of what Hamilton’s leg looked like after the incident. He took to Facebook to share the damage, stating “”Third degree burns all up and down my leg. Just had an Ecig battery blow up and catch fire inside my pocket! Ouch ow ow ow,” anddd don’t look if you’re any type of squeamish…

Dude’s lucky he wasn’t ripping on that e-cig when it decided to blow up, because with an explosion like that, his face could’ve ended up worse than this poor dude’s.

Safe to say he’s probably laying off the ol’ e-cig for a little while. That, and courting a decent legal team to sue the shit out of whoever manufactured that really chill, nicotine fireball in his pocket.

[h/t Mashable]