Watch This Dude Rollerskating With His Kid Until His E-Cig Explodes In His Pocket And Turns Him Into A Roman Candle

e-cig

I know vaping is a trigger for some of you, considering every time I post about an e-cig nearly blowing someone’s limb off, vaping die hards explode on me in the comment section. “He’s using an UNREGULATED vape!” “E-cigs don’t explode, batteries do!,” “Matt your mother drank while you were in the womb!” The usual. But all of these mistakes seem pretty harmless considering the consequences: a deformity.

The consensus I’ve come to is that you can’t buy just any old vape. You have to do like, research and shit. Which sounds fun. Or you could end up like this poor bastard who spent 10 days in the hospital after his e-cig exploded in his pocket while roller skating with his 7-year-old son.

47-year-old Mick Bennett told Mirror:

“I’d been picking my son up the whole time as he kept falling over, that explosion could’ve been in his face.

“I’d taken a day off work to take my eldest and youngest rollerskating as my wife Rosemary needed to work.

“The battery wasn’t even on, I don’t know what happened, it just went off like a Roman candle or something.”

Mick now has to go to the hospital every two days for his burns to be redressed and has lost some feeling in his leg due to nerve damage.

Check out the video below:
 

The dude should have done his research and bought a vape with a battery mod of 18650 5000 mAh lithium. DUH.

[h/t Mirror]

Matt Keohan Avatar
Matt’s love of writing was born during a sixth grade assembly when it was announced that his essay titled “Why Drugs Are Bad” had taken first prize in D.A.R.E.’s grade-wide contest. The anti-drug people gave him a $50 savings bond for his brave contribution to crime-fighting, and upon the bond’s maturity 10 years later, he used it to buy his very first bag of marijuana.