/wakes up with morning wood
Anyway, ribs are amazing, and Southern Living—the magazine you might read if you venture to your Alabama-born grandmother's bathroom and forget your iPhone—commissioned a poll to determine the best ribs in the entire country. They got it very wrong.
Nowhere on the list is Kansas City, home to burnt ends, slow-smoked meat, and that delicious, tomato-based, sweet, yet spicy, barbecue sauce. Nowhere on the list is St. Louis, which has PERFECTED the spare rib, and is a city known for consuming more sauce than anywhere else in the country. And while Memphis gets five entries on the list, it can't grab the top spot, which Corky's arguably deserves.
Anyway, for any other BBQ and grilling aficionados out there, here are the top 10 results. You can find the rest at Buzzfeed. Get angry in the comments.
10. The Salt Lick, Driftwood, TX
9. Central BBQ, Memphis, TN
8. Dreamland BBQ, Multiples Locations
7. Charles Vergos’ Rendezvous, Memphis, TN
6. Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Multiple locations
5. Corky’s Ribs & BBQ, Memphis, TN
4. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q, Decatur, AL
3. Sam’s BBQ1, Marietta, GA
2. Southern Soul Barbeque, St. Simons Island, GA
1. Fiery Ron’s Home Team BBQ, Charleston, SC
[Pork ribs on a grill image via Shutterstock]