The World’s First Craft Beer Hotel + Brewery Coming To Ohio And It Looks Like A Beer-Lovers Paradise
As BroBible’s resident pizza-love, IPA-guzzling Fat Boy™, there’s nothing that gets me more excited than the idea of a weekend getaway in a hotel surrounded by some of the freshest craft beers in the world. I’d use it to brush my teeth. I’d have a shower beer for every single shower. I’d keep two on my nightstand just because I can.
Earlier this year, Scottish brewery BrewDog jumped into the increasingly-crowded US craft beer market with their brewery in Columbus, Ohio. The next phase of their domination in Ohio is a hotel that is positioned to become the ultimate craft beer mecca: Rooms will be stocked with BrewDog beers, a restaurant will serve beer-themed grub, and a spa will do beer-themed massages — something every dude needs for those weary bones.
In order to give fans a first look at the $6 million hotel project, Brewdog is currently raising money on Kickstarter from true craft beer fanatics.
DogfishHead owns a motel for beer-lovers in Lewes, Delaware, but it doesn’t include an adjacent brewery quite like the BrewDog one will have. There’s no doubt it will be one of the best places for dudes to road trip after it opens.
Here’s a full run down of features in the hotel, straight from the company itself:
According to a press release from BrewDog, the hotel will have taps in every room.
- The state-of-the-art hotel, dubbed The DogHouse, will boast a craft beer spa with beer-based treatments, a craft beer tap in every room serving the brewery’s flagship beer, Punk IPA, and an in-shower beer fridge so guests can sip whilst they shower.
DID WE MENTION THERE’S A HOT TUB FULL OF IPA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Guests who stay in the luxury suite will also get to enjoy a hot tub filled with the brewer’s award-winning Punk IPA.
This place is going to be a day-drinking heaven:
- The DogHouse will also serve deluxe three-course breakfasts, lunches and dinners, all infused and paired with artisanal craft beers, ensuring the beer experience lasts from dusk until dawn.
Also, the whole project is crowdfunded:
- After a groundswell of demand from the brewer’s social media community, the brewer will fast-track the project through a crowdfunding program on Indiegogo, aiming to raise $75,000 in 30 days.
AND there’s going to be a sour brewing facility! Woooo!
- The campaign will also fund a new sour brewing facility on site, allowing BrewDog to experiment with new beer flavors and brewing techniques. Patrons of The DogHouse will not only be able to trial these new beers fresh from the brewery, but view the oak foeders (used to age sour beers) from their bedrooms.
Super secret private tours, too!
- Visitors will also be able to take advantage of private tours of BrewDog’s new US brewing facility when it opens later this year.
And you get VIP status by backing the Indiegogo campaign:
- Backers of the Indiegogo campaign can bag themselves free nights at The DogHouse and also exclusively secure the first five releases from the sour beer facility.
And for the true beer nerd with deep pockets:
- Those backers who give over $30,000 to the campaign will be rewarded with hosting an all night event, be it a craft-beer themed wedding, birthday or corporate event at The DogHouse.
This place literally sounds like my idea of heaven. Can’t wait to road trip there sometime soon.