- A Lond-based bettor took home over $1.3 million after hitting a wild six-leg parlay.
- Harris English’s win at the Travelers sealed the deal for the bettor.
- Check out more sports coverage at BroBible here.
A London-based bettor put together a six-leg parlay that included four outright golf winners and two Euro 2020 soccer matches and laid down just $15.50 on the wager. Now, he’s $1.36 million richer.
According to Betfair, the bet paid out at 90,396-1 odds. For comparison sake, the odds of hitting a hole-in-one while playing golf are 12,500-1, so this bettor essentially hit seven holes-in-one.
The first five legs of the parlay had already hit before Sunday evening in the States when Harris English and Kramer Hickok battled it out in a playoff at the Travelers Championship that went on for eight holes. If you thought the playoff was long as just a regular fan, imagine the nerves running through this bettor as he was on the cusp of winning over $1 million.
English finally won the tournament after making a 28-foot putt on the eighth playoff hole, much to the relief of the bettor.
“When he won the playoff, I was very relieved. I thought he had lost it after some wayward tee shots on the 18th hole,” the bettor told Betfair in a company release.
“I thought I was going to have a heart attack when the winning putt went in. I couldn’t believe it.”
Here’s a look at the full six-leg parlay and the odds:
- Croatia to defeat Scotland at +140.
- England to defeat Czech Republic at -182.
- Steve Stricker to win the Bridgestone Senior Players Championship at +500.
- Nelly Korda to win the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship at +1,400.
- Viktor Hovland to win the BMW International Open at +650.
- Harris English to win the Travelers Championship at +3,500
Picking the Euro results is one thing, but to pick four different winners in golf on the same weekend is absolutely bananas.