Last week, for the second time in 10 days, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott completely disobeyed social distancing practices, including ignoring Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s executive order that residents of the state should “avoid gatherings of groups of more than 10 people.”
Prescott, along with his teammate Ezekiel Elliott, were among the reported 30 guests at a party held at the quarterback’s home in Prosper, Texas.
A source close to Prescott disputed the report and claimed that he didn’t have over 10 people at his party and did not violate any social distancing guidelines.
On Tuesday, Cowboys CEO Stephen Jones addressed Prescott and Elliott’s involvement in the party with 105.3 The Fan.
“We’ve certainly communicated with Dak and Zeke. I think they’re certainly aware now of how sensitive these situations are and I don’t think you’ll be seeing that anymore,” Jones told The Fan. “They are certainly guys we have the utmost respect for. I certainly know they understand the sensitivity of the situation we’re in, it’s certainly very serious and something we know they understand.”
[protected-iframe id=”28c2e6ada18e490814fb3d330549492a-97886205-92827192″ info=”https://omny.fm/shows/kevin-and-cory/stephen-jones-talks-about-day-prescotts-party-more/embed” width=”100%” height=”180px” frameborder=”0″]
Prescott, who is still in negotiations with the Cowboys for a new contract, reportedly won’t be participating in the team’s virtual offseason program without a new deal in place, according to ProFootballTalk.
Not that Stephen Jones claims to have any knowledge of that.
“I’m not necessarily aware of that,” Jones said Tuesday afternoon. “He certainly was sent an iPad, and I know he certainly can participate. For every player, it’s voluntary in terms of their participation in the virtual meetings. I’m not aware and haven’t been made aware of to what degree Dak’s participation level would be.”
Fun times for America’s Team.