On Friday, Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was suspended six games by the NFL for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.for his alleged role in a domestic violence case from last July. The NFL chose to punish Elliott despite The Columbus City Districc Attorney’s office announcing in September that it would not pursue criminal charges against Elliott because of “conflicting and inconsistent information,” from the accuser.
Today, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram published some bullet points from Elliott’s appeal plan that seek to prove that the accuser was out to deliberately lying in an attempt to ruin his career.
▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”
▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”
▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man.”
▪ After not being allowed in the after party, she was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.
▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to be believe you.”
After Hill’s article went up, Elliot’s father took to Twitter and fired off this Tweet claiming his son was “setup”.
It looks like the NFL and Elliott are looking at a long drawn out legal battle ahead of them.