A Rhode Island youth Football League kicked out one of its teams after the coach allowed an adult to play in a game this weekend
Via ABC10 Providence
The founder of a Rhode Island youth football team says its season is ending early after the coach put a man into a game against 13- and 14-year-old players.
Capital City Buccaneers founder Alexandra Diaz said she had stepped away from the Sunday game in Scituate when the coach let the young man believed to be 19 years old take part in several plays before getting kicked out.
WJAR-TV reports the Providence team had been losing when the incident occurred. Parents spotted the man suit up on the sideline.
Diaz said the coach took full responsibility and has been fired. She said the varsity team has been stripped of the remainder of their season.
The league’s vice president tells WLNE-TV the decision has been made to remove the team indefinitely.
Apparently the adult player didn’t try too hard to conceal his appearance.
“I could zoom right in and see the facial hair,” said parent Kevin Stockwell. “You know most 13 year old’s [sic] are starting to get facial hair. This gentleman had facial hair and had arm tattoos.”
[protected-iframe id=”7ea3cae6e8a8e7b98a242d00c7f1b61f-97886205-93275071″ info=”http://WLNE.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=818471844;hostDomain=www.abc6.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=12849562;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay” ]