The Tennessee Titans Unveil Their New Uniforms And The Initial Reactions Are Mixed
After weeks of anticipation the Tennessee Titans have finally unveiled their new uniforms for the 2018 season.
Quarterback Marcus Mariota, tight end Delanie Walker, and safety Kevin Byard, modeled the different variations — home, away, alternative home, alternative away, and of course Color Rush as you can see in the videos below.
Here are details of the changes for each aspect of the uniform.
THREE STARS IN BACK OF THE NECK ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE THREE STARS ’IN THE TENNESSEE STATE fLAG. THESE ALSO TIE TO THE FIREBALL [OGO
CUSTOM-DESIGNED NUMBER FONT INSPIRED BY ANGULAR, STONE-CARVED LETTEHNG
ANGLED FLAG ON THE TOP RIGHT EDGE OF THE NUMBERS NODS TO THE SHAPE OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE
– NIKE SWOOSHES ADD RED IN TO THE OVERALL DESIGN TO MAKE THE COLOR PALETTE POP
– METALLIC NAVY SHELL IN SATIN FINISH
– METALLIC SILVER FACE MASK
– LOGO DECAL NOW HASA SILVER OUTLINE. FIREBALL LOGO
INSPIRED BY PROMETI’IEUS
– SWORD-INSPIRED CENTER STRIPE STARTS AT BACK OF HELMET
AND TAPERS TOWARD TOP FRONT
– ALL SilvER ELEMENTS TIE THE ‘FORGED IN SILVER” CONCEPT TOGETHER
– WORD SHEATH-INSPIRED DESIGN BECOMES THE STRIPE ON PANTS,
AND IS ANGLED MUCH LIKEA SHEATH WOULD HANG
– FIREBALL LOGO ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT HIP
And pictures of the new unis.
The initial reaction on the Twittersphere to the new uniforms has been mixed.
I will actually have to see the uniforms on the field to make a final decision but they don’t look much different than the previous iteration.