Tie dye is still having a moment in the world of style and design. Maybe that’s because 2019 is the 50th anniversary of Woodstock, a cultural highwater mark for hippiedom before things in the counter-culture started getting dark. Maybe it’s because Jonah Hill has a continued obsessed with vintage Grateful Dead shirts. Maybe it’s those badass Travis Scott Asotroworld tees, which would look BADASS with this new adidas kick.
The three stripes is releasing a new, limited edition SPEEDFACTORY shoe – The AM4ATL.
The shoe is to help celebrate the diversity on display at this weekend’s football game in Orlando, Florida
A few features, besides that rad tie dye, according to the press release:
- PRECISE FIT- PROGRAMMED UPPER – Digital placement of fit patches provides precise and increased midfoot and heel lockdown; enabling speed, agility, and confidence.
- EFFORTLESS MOVEMENT- FLOATING TORSION BAR – adidas’ iconic Torsion system now floats inside the sole. Precisely balancing flexibility with stability for best heel to toe transition.
- DIRECT COMFORT- FUSED BONDING CONSTRUCTION – Precise digital bonding of the sole to upper eliminates glue. Giving you the most direct BOOST comfort.
- ENERGY RETURN- BOOST – BOOST is our most responsive cushioning ever. This AM4 glueless assembly gets athletes closer to the BOOST midsole; the more energy given, the more return.
- NFC ENABLED – Tap the tongue patch to unlock an exclusive digital experience, authenticate your shoe, identifying its unique number from the limited edition.
According to adidas, the AM4ATL running shoes will be available on Jan. 28 for $200 USD online at adidas.com, footlocker.comchampssports.com and eastbay.com, and in select Atlanta-area Foot Locker and Champs Sports stores.
P.S. Did you know that Burberry… BURBERRY, the aristocratic brand of pastoral British gentry – makes a tie dye puffer jacket coat now? Even Burberry is dosed out in psychedelia these days.