Thankfully, there is a website called CraftBeer.com that has thousands of craft beer-drinking readers. How fortuitous!
“An impressive beer menu, a stellar atmosphere, and servers who know their stuff are all the makings of a great beer bar,” according to CraftBeer.com, and who are we to argue with that description?
As part of their 2019 Great American Beer Bars list, CraftBeer.com asked its many readers to complete a survey and asked to nominate their favorite craft beer bar in their state.
After nearly 7,000 votes, here are the best beer bars in every state, including Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.
• Loosa Brews, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
• Prospectors Historic Pizzeria & Alehouse, Denali Park, Alaska
• Tap & Bottle, Tucson, Ariz.
• Flying Saucer, Little Rock, Ark.
• Crazy Harry’s Bar, Winnetka, Calif.
• Freshcraft, Denver, Colo.
• Willimantic Brewing Company, Willimantic, Conn.
• Henlopen City Oyster House, Rehoboth, Del.
• Oil Well Craft Beer, Ave Maria, Fla.
• Brick Store Pub, Decatur, Ga.
• Square Barrels, Honolulu, Hawaii
• Bittercreek Alehouse, Boise, Idaho.
• The Brass Tap – Orland Park, Orland Park, Ill.
• Deer Park Irish Pub, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• The Keg Stand, West Des Moines, Iowa
• The Anchor, Wichita, Kan.
• Holy Grale, Louisville, Ky.
• Avenue Pub, New Orleans, La.
• Craft Brew Underground, Portland, Maine
• Max’s Taphouse, Baltimore, Md.
View this post on Instagram
New shipment of cans just in. Come get your holiday weekend supplies. Available in house or to go. @decadentales @eviltwinbrewing @fatorangecatbrewco @3starsbrewing @peabodyheightsbrewery @goondabeer @omnipollo @captlawrence @southcountybrewing @bravenbrewing #craftbeer #fellspoint #baltimore
• Armsby Abbey, Worcester, Mass.
• Brown Iron Brewhouse, Washington Township, Mich.
• Mankato Brewery, Mankato, Minn.
• The Porter, Hattiesburg, Miss.
• Friendship Brewing Company, Wentzville, Mo.
• Lewis & Clark Taproom, Helena, Mont.
• The Happy Raven, Lincoln, Neb.
• Pinon Bottle Co., Reno, Nev.
• New England’s Tap House Grille, Hooksett, N.H.
• Cloverleaf Tavern & Restaurant, Caldwell, N.J.
View this post on Instagram
Tomorrow our BOW is the Triple Smokehouse Burger which has chipotle peppers in the beef blend. Topped with grilled zucchini and red onion, melted cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro and smoked chipotle sauce #burger #burgeroftheweek #smoked #chipotle #bacon
• Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, N.M.
• The Owl Farm, Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Craft Centric Taproom & Bottleshop, Arden, N.C.
• JL Beers, Fargo, N.D.
• Brewfontaine, Bellefontaine, Ohio
• McNellie’s Pub, Tulsa, Okla.
• Roscoe’s, Portland, Ore.
• Bulls Head Public House, Lititz, Pa.
• Taberna Boricua, San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Norey’s Newport, Newport, R.I.
• The Craft Stand, Lancaster, S.C.
• Independent Ale House, Rapid City, S.D.
• Hops and Hollers, Knoxville, Tenn.
• Thistle DraftShop, Spring, Texas
• Beerhive Pub, Salt Lake City, Utah
• Blackback Pub, Waterbury, Vt.
• Harry’s Alehouse, Fredericksburg, Va.
• Ben’s Bottle Shop, Vancouver, Wash.
• BAHNHOF WVrsthaus & Biergarten, Huntington, W.Va.
• The Brass Tap, Greenfield,, Wisc.
• Black Tooth Brewing Co., Sheridan, Wy.
• ChurchKey, Washington, D.C.
So, how many of these top beer bars have you visited? How many are you going to visit now? You’re welcome.
Read more about each bar, including when they were founded and how many different draft selections each bar has on hand over at CraftBeer.com.