Potential Details Leaked About ‘Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout’ Battle Royale Mode
After the massive success of battle royale games such as Fortnite and PUBG, classic shooters Battlefield and Call of Duty were rumored that they would release their own versions of the insanely popular game mode in their next installments. We got our first look at the “Blackout” mode in the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 two months ago with a trailer. With only a few months until the release of Black Ops 4, potential details have leaked about COD‘s new battle royale mode.
Black Ops 4 will replace the traditional single-player campaign mode with the Blackout free-for-all mode. An alleged leak provides in-depth details about the new battle royale mode. Reddit user Omnipotentem released a treasure trove about the new game mode and apparently, it will feature the largest map in Call of Duty history and Nuketown is located in the middle of the map as an island. The gameplay will reportedly “focus on verticality” and Treyarch expects to accommodate at least 50 players, but the total gamers could be more since they are currently testing with 64 players.
The alleged leaked information about the Blackout mode was posted in the Black Ops 4 Reddit.
- Health is 150HP, replenished via scavengable Medical Kits. Equipping scavenged Armor allows the player to take 1 extra shot, Armor Piercing Rounds will counter the effect of Armor.
- Limited Inventory slots, increased space via scavenged Backpacks.
- Weapon loot has rarity, depending on the rarity your weapon will have different attachments (Higher Rarity = Better/More Attachments). *Subject to change, there are currently talks about attachments being scavenged rather than rarity-dependent.
- Consumable abilities such as the Multiplayer Specialist Abilities. For example, Torque’s Portable Barricade with 1x use, Ruin’s Grapple Hook with limited uses, and Nomad’s Dog which can be commanded to follow the player or guard an area.
- Equipment such as the Recon RC, an RC-XD without explosives, can be scavenged and give the player an advantage. Currently, a Monkey Bomb equipment which doesn’t explode can be found, likely a placeholder for a Decoy Grenade.
- Land, air, and sea vehicles as seen in the teaser. The ATV is the only fully-functioning vehicle in the current build.
- The Storm/Gas mechanic is currently a simple visible wall that closes in on the map.
- While players simply parachute into the map. *Subject to change, talks of moving to a spawn-in system similar to Call of Duty: Online are happening.
We’ll have to wait a little longer to see if this is a legitimate leak, rumor, or just a completely fabricated post to mess with people. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 launches on October 12th.