‘Fortnite’ Season 5 Is Here! All The Upgrades, Maps, Plus New Golf Carts And Viking Ships
Fortnite Season 5 has arrived and it is full of brand new areas and places to explore. The best part is that you’ll be able to zoom to these new locations by driving in golf carts and utilizing rifts to transport in a blink of an eye. Fortnite SZN 5 also has plenty of upgrades and new challenges, so let’s look at all the awesomeness for Season 5.
Shopping carts were a nice introduction into vehicles, but now Fortnite has the fancy new All Terrain Kart (ATK) AKA a golf cart. The new vehicle transports up to four players who can work together to lean back for higher jumps on the golf cart. The golf carts get speed boosts after drifting, plus the roof can be used as a bounce pad. A golf cart not quick enough for you? Try using a rift to transport to new places on the map. The electric portals seen in the sky in Season 4 are now on the ground and will instantly transport you. Or why not use a golf cart and a rift to blast off to another world in Battle Royale.
Speaking of those rifts, you can use them to visit new locations: Paradise Palms and Lazy Links. Instead of the lush green scenery of the island you’re accustomed to, you’ll get to venture into this desert biome. There’s also a Viking ship and head statues from Easter Island. Here are all the new places in SZN 5.
There’s a brand new slow-motion victory royale end scene.
In the Epic Game’s v5.0 patch notes, weapons get updates:
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle.
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation.
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
- Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains unchanged.
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time.
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
- Lowered the vehicle knockback strength on Grenade, Sticky Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher.
- Tac and Silenced SMG environmental damage now correctly matches player damage.
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
Other updates include that weekly challenges are “now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass.” Plus, “you now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).”
There are of course new skins.
However, Epic Games is pulling the plug on Playground Mode (for now).
In the new Battle Pass Season 5 you’ll be able to challenge your squad to basketball or golf. Happy Fortniting!