Because it sounds pretty awesome to me. And it’s actually a real thing too! A group consisting of some of Mexico’s premier destination resorts has announced a job opening for a “pro vacationist” who will make $120,000 to spend a year taking advantage of all the goodies at their six beautiful locations.
The lucky candidate to land this job will spend a year floating between Vidanta’s six locations – Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Acapulco, Puerto Peñasco, and Puerta Vallarta – enjoying gourmet dining, spas, pools, golf courses, the ocean, and exclusive entertainment. And getting paid, well, to do so.
“What if your job was to be on vacation for 12 months?” asks the job listing’s website.
“Get trained to be an ambassador for happiness and learn how to become a social influencer for our resorts,” it continues. “As the year unfolds, we’ll take you from coast to coast, so you can experience all Vidanta has to offer.”
An ambassador for happiness? A pro vacationist? I would do this job for free.
Here are some of the things you’ll experience on the job, according to the job listing.
• VIP access at a primo DJ set
• Ushering baby turtles into the ocean
• Learning to salsa dance
• Trying to sing just like a mariachi
• A whale shark swim-along
• Setting your alarm so you catch every sunset
• Checking every resort pool to make sure the water temperature is *just right*
• Learning new recipes from Michelin Star chefs
• Naming all the blow-up pool animals
• Improving your swing on some of the best golf courses in the world
• Having a pair of sunglasses for EVERY. OCCASION.
• Determining how many hours of poolside lounging is too many
• Trying out new luxury spa treatments
• Expanding your repertoire at Karaoke Night
• Tasting the difference between Blanco, Resposado, and Añejo tequila
Seriously, I think I would pay them to do this job.
If you’re interested, and how could you not be, submit your application by October 21st right here.