Sylvester Stallone Says He Won’t Make Any More ‘Rambo’ Movies
Live for nothing, or die for something.
Sylvester Stallone will no longer have a use for a good supply of body bags. One of the greatest action heroes in cinema history is hanging up his M60E3 machine gun and Claymore mines. Stallone revealed that he is retiring his John Rambo character.
On Tuesday, the 69-year-old Stallone announced the sad news in a interview with Variety.
Stallone told Variety that he is no longer interested in bringing back John Rambo and that he is no longer involved in the Rambo TV show:
“Stallone had previously said publicly that he was working on Rambo V, but he thinks the character is done. ‘The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!’ he says. ‘It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else.’ He’s also not involved in the Rambo TV series, which focuses on the character’s son. ‘I don’t want to cast aspersions,’ Stallone says, ‘but it’s delicate to try to replace a character with his son. I’ve seen the son of Flicka, the son of Tarzan, the son of King Kong. It’s a very difficult premise.'”
Rambo: Last Blood had been pitched as John Rambo taking on human traffickers or Mexican drug cartels. But it looks like this is the end of the line for the skilled U.S. Army Special Forces soldier, until Hollywood wants to reboot the franchise with a new John Rambo.
Stallone first played John Rambo in 1982′s First Blood, reprised the role twice in the 1980s. But it appears that 2009’s Rambo is the last chapter of the iconic action hero.
I guess we need to let it go. Let it go.