Have you ever wondered what the late ’90s alternative rock band Creed is up to, you guys? Not going to lie, it’s a question that crosses my mind every once in a while, since there’s always some sort of batshit crazy rumor flying around about their Florida-born-and-bred frontman Scott Stapp. Usually these rumors involve booze, meth, pills, and/or other narcotics, amongst other things.
Well, it turns out Scott Stapp not doing so hot. In fact, he seems to be going the path of the stereotypical burned-out rocker, which is interesting because I thought he was one of those religious, Christian-centric rockers (I’m not crazy in thinking this, right? I mean, watch the “Arms Wide Open” music video, for pete sake).
Anyway, he released a video on Facebook about his current state of affairs. Turns out he discovered that his money has been “secretly” stolen. Via Rolling Stone via the video from the Creed Facebook page, which is embedded below:
“About eight weeks ago, I began an audit of not only my record company but my personal finances,” Stapp says. “During the course of that audit, a lot of things were uncovered. A lot of money was stolen from me, or royalties not paid, and that’s when all hell began to break loose.”
That sucks, if it’s true. He says in the video he’s living in a Holiday Inn after living in his car But then you read the text messages that his soon-to-be-ex wife disclosed in the filing and it makes you scratch your head about why he has no money. Via Gawker via the Miami Herald:
▪ “Florida is not safe. Biological weapons on the way. U have to leave with kids and meet me in Atlanta.”
▪ “I’m coming to get you Satan and children. No mercy. You know how this ends. God created you and now God is ending you.”
▪ “God is also telling me something about Palm Springs and Nashville so there’s a connection somehow. He’s also telling me DEA for some reason.”
▪ “Wells Fargo working out my account problems. I’m out of gas. Haven’t eaten all day. I’m asking if they can spot me $1,000 so I don’t fall over from malnutrition.”
▪ “I wouldn’t doubt it if the CIA is behind Alcoholics Anonymous.”
Woah. Those sound like the musings of a paranoid schizophrenic, if not something more nefarious. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.
Creed county fair reunion tour 2015? Or maybe land an opening act on Nickelback’s world-tour? There’s no way, right?
Anyway, get well soon, Scott. Hope things start looking up for you.