When John Hennessey Takes Delivery Of A 2018 Ford GT Heritage Edition Supercar It’s An Event
When we take delivery of a new car it’s very exciting…for us, and us alone. When John Hennessey of Hennessey Performance Engineering takes delivery of a supercar like the 2018 Ford GT Heritage Edition it’s also very exciting…for us. That’s because when John Hennessey takes delivery of a supercar it’s more than a car being delivered, it’s a must-see event.
But before we get to the video, here’s a little information about the amazing 2018 Ford GT Heritage Edition supercar.
The Ford GT ’67 Heritage edition is a special, limited edition supercar. It has a gloss-finish Race Red exterior with white stripes and exposed carbon package. The car also sports Frozen White No. 1 hood and door graphics, and 20-inch one-piece forged aluminum wheels in silver satin clearcoat with black lug nuts. Red calipers and silver rearview mirror caps complete the look.
“In creating a worthy successor to the 2017 Heritage edition, we logically looked at our next historic Le Mans victory with the all-American team of Dan Gurney and A.J. Foyt,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “The 2018 Ford GT ’67 Heritage edition pays homage to that win, with a modern take on one of the most important vehicles in Ford’s storied history of racing.”
The interior begins with new leather trimming for the carbon fiber seats, with red accent stitching, which carries over to the steering wheel. The seat belt webbing is now red and the paddle shifters are anodized gray. Satin dark stainless appliqués are used on the instrument panel, door register bezels and x-brace.
Rounding out modifications to the ’67 Heritage edition car are a unique serialized identification plate, plus exposed matte carbon fiber door sills, air register pods and center console.
• Mid-mounted 3.5L V6 GTDI Engine
• 7-Speed, Dual Clutch Automated Manual Transmission with Sequential Shift Controls (Paddles)
• Rear-Wheel Drive with Dual Exhaust System
• Front & Rear Independent Suspension with Electronic Adjustable Damping & Push-Button Activated Front Lift System
• 5 Selectable Drive Modes with 2 Variable Ride Height Settings
• Active Aerodynamics with Deployable Rear Wing & Air brake
• Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brakes (Pistons: 6 Front & 4 Rear)
• Lightweight Lithium-ion Battery
• 3,497 cc Displacement
• Horsepower: 647 hp @ 6250 RPM
• Torque: 550 lb-ft @ 5900 RPM
• Top Speed: 216 MPH
Now watch John Hennessey take delivery of his 2018 Ford GT ’67 Heritage edition and dream that someday you to can have a new car arrive at your place with such pomp and circumstance.