Presented in partnership with Each & Every…
Do you know what’s in your deodorant? That probably isn’t something you often think about when, each and every day, you wake up, brush their teeth, shower and apply some deodorant to your under arms as part of your morning routine. But, believe it or not, if you’re not using natural deodorant (hint: you probably aren’t right now), there are tons of bad ingredients that can cause skin irritation and do damage to you.
With so many bad ingredients in deodorants these days — like aluminum, parabens, synthetic fragrance or baking soda, which can cause irritation and sensitivity — Each & Every deodorant is here to give guys something better: Natural ingredients that go a long way in protecting skin, all while providing a clean, fresh scent.
All Each & Every deodorants use simple, clean, natural ingredients like coconut oil and Dead Sea salts to fight odor all day long, as well as a bunch of essential oils, giving the products that crisp smell with no synthetic or artificial fragrance. That means it’s better for your skin — unlike those traditional deodorants most dudes have probably been using.
Just look at some of the common, harmful things in most antiperspirants not named Each & Every; which are definitely not suitable for your skin.
- Aluminum. Used to plug your pores in order to prevent perspiration or sweating, there’s concern that aluminum may be linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s; even if there’s no conclusive evidence for that to be the case.
- Parabens. There’s concern that parabens are endocrine disruptors, meaning they mimic estrogen and interfere with how a person’s body produces and regulates hormones.
- Phthalates. Phthalates are chemicals most commonly known for making plastics more flexible; which definitely isn’t something you want to be putting on your body. They’re used in deodorant to help dissolve raw materials used in fragrances in order to make the scent stronger.
- Baking Soda. Some may think baking soda would be a good thing in deodorant to help combat bad smell, but, because it’s very alkaline, it can raise the natural pH of the skin, causing skin irritation, itching and rashes.
- Propelyne Glycol. This stuff’s derived from petroleum or natural gas and can be irritating to the skin. Does that sound like two things you want to be rubbing on your body every morning?
- Silica. Best-known for helping to absorb wetness — which is why you see those little packets in shoe boxes and such — silica can be a skin irritant. Additionally, silica can be contaminated with crystalline quartz, which is a known carcinogen.
If none of those things sound appealing to be rubbing on armpits every morning, you’re not alone.
Now that you’ve got a little understanding about what goes in other deodorants, here’s a look at some of the natural stuff Each & Every puts in their deodorants.
- Coconut Oil: Used for skin conditioning.
- Tapioca Starch: A powder to absorb wetness on skin.
- Antioxidant Salt: Used to fight odor causing bacteria.
- Dead Sea Minerals: Used to control odor.
- Ozokerite: Also called earth wax, it gives the product structure.
- Natural Essential Oils: A blend of 100% natural essential oils and extracts give the products their scent with no synthetic or artificial fragrance.
With that type of TLC for your skin, its obvious why using natural Each & Every products will do wonders for your skin. Plus, with incredibly unique scents like Citrus & Vetiver, Cannabis & Green Tea, Black Spruce & Fir, among others, you’ll have a daily deodorant that brings a light, crisp and clean scent each day, and that applies smooth and easy without residue.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.