Saleen Unleashes A New Beast, The Heavily Modified ‘Big Oly’ Inspired 2021 Ford Bronco
Well, that certainly didn’t take very long. The revived 2021 Ford Bronco was only revealed a little over a week ago and we’ve already got one of the top automotive tuners in the world, Saleen, taking it and making it their own.
Saleen Automotive, the Southern California vehicle manufacturer founded by racing driver and vehicle builder, Steve Saleen, the creator of the Saleen S7 – one of the most successful race cars ever built, is taking to the dirt with a vengeance.
This new Saleen Bronco pays homage to Big Oly, the infamous first-generation Bronco piloted by legendary driver Parnelli Jones. Big Oly took on the Mexican 1000 (now known as the Baja 1000) – one of the most grueling endurance races in the world – and achieved the remarkable accomplishment of winning the race back to back in 1971 and 1972.
This homage vehicle not only wears a livery reminiscent of the original, but will also host numerous performance features we’ve come to expect from Saleen.
Features of the 2021 Saleen Bronco will include…
• Saleen front bumper with Integrated LED Light Array and forged carbon skid plate
• Saleen Grille surround in forged carbon with Baja Blue accent color
• Saleen Design composite front fenders with integrated forged carbon fender vent
• Saleen Power Hood
• Dual A-Pillar mount LED driving light
• Roof Mount Pro 8 light bar
• Saleen rocker panel guards
• Body Color removable roof with Saleen Design modular roof rack
• Saleen Design composite rear fenders and quarter panel
• Saleen adjustable rear roof spoiler
• Saleen rear tire carrier and rear bumper
• ‘Big Oly’ inspired winning livery with Olympia insignia and Baja Blue accent.
“With the popularity of off-roading, it makes perfect sense to further our off-road lineup with the Saleen Bronco,” Steve Saleen, CEO, Saleen Automotive.
This new Saleen Bronco will join the existing 2020 Saleen Sportruck XR, based upon the popular Ford F150 platform and boasts a supercharged 5.0L V8 that cranks out 700 horsepower, in the company’s off-road category.
Last October, Saleen also announced a new Saleen GT4 concept race car based on the Saleen 1 turbocharged 2.2-liter, 450 horsepower sports car.
“We developed the Saleen 1 to be fully capable on the track and easily adapt to racing applications,” said Saleen. “Our company was founded on racing DNA and the track is where we prove our reputation. We look forward to completing the homologation process with SRO and seeing these cars compete at GT4 events around the world.”
Can’t wait to see what they come up with next.