Watching This Driver Have A Meltdown On Guy Riding His Bike In The Road Will Make You Wish You Didn’t Have To Drive

by 4 years ago

I don’t drive because I don’t have a car and because Washington DC has fairly cheap Ubers and a subway system that’s only functioning properly 40% of the time (the other 60% is spent actively trying to maim you with fire and electrical surges), but sometimes I miss having a car. I miss being able to walk out my front door, jump in the driver’s seat and go anywhere I wanted, when I wanted.

But then I watch videos like this and I’m reminded why not having a car is actually fucking great:

I don’t pay for gas.
I don’t pay for insurance.
I don’t sit in rush hour traffic.
And I don’t have to deal with people riding bikes on roads where the speed limit is 40 mph.

That’s not to say the driver in this video was right to freak out on the biker – he wasn’t, obviously. But I know his rage, and I can understand how, if he’s in a hurry, getting stuck behind a biker pedaling along 25 under the speed limit is equivalent to 500 September 11th’s.

Is there a solution to this problem, aside from telling people to quit riding bikes or to quit being assholes?

Yes. Add more bike lanes to roads, is the obvious answer…but that won’t happen, because that requires $$$ and our government would rather have it spent on useful things, like installing speed cameras and other such annoying bullshit. Fun fun fun!


Girl Slips Diving Into A Lake
TAGSjukinsroad rageWTF