Some details about the agreement:
- The CEO of Grubhub will become the CEO of the new company
- The CEO of Seamless will become the President of the new company
- The new company does not have a name yet.
- Don't expect this to change anytime soon. Names, like goods and services that don't cater to general human idiocy and “not having one's shit together,” (example: “I just ordered seemless. I totally don't have my shit together.”) are very old-fashioned nowadays. Today, the best businesses might not be business at all.
- Neither company paid money–another antiquated concept–to acquire the other
- This is playing out very much like watching two celebrities patting themselves on the back by having a conversation on twitter about absolutely nothing.