Bros, huddle up.
I’m not one to be lecturing anyone on making sounds financial decisions, seeing as I was late paying rent this month because I splurged on a kegerator for my apartment. Now I’m so poor I can’t even pay attention. But those are my demons, and this isn’t about me, it’s about YOU.
If you’re struggling to live comfortably in the lifestyle you carved out for yourself, DraftKings may be your knight in shining armor. Their NFL week two contest is dishing out a total prize pool of $1,000,000, with a cool $100,000 going to the first place winner, and the top 84,950 finishers winning guaranteed money.
If you’re not sure if you fall into the category of ‘struggling to live comfortably in your lifestyle’?, these 5 indicators should clear things up:
- Within the past 60 days, you’ve paid for lunch in quarters.
- You do not have a comma in your bank account balance.
- You wouldn’t know if you have a comma in your account balance because you refuse to check to avoid ruining your day.
- Your wallet is thinner than Tara Reid’s wrist.
- You have crippling anxiety of your card being declined when you’re on a date.
If you said yes to any or all of the above, button it up, bro, you’re embarrassing yourself. Or at least throw your hat in the ring for Draftkings contest this week and allow them to dissolve your problems.
Best part is, it’s absolutely FREE for new users and only $3 for returning DraftKings players.
Upon entry, GM’s enter into a salary cap draft, and are allotted $50,000 to select 9 spots–8 players and one team defense.
The roster format is as follows: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 1 Defense.
Your move, Cotton.