While I’ve only been working for BroBible for about a month, I’ve interneting out in the wild — both professionally and leisurely — for quite some time, so trust me when I say that I’m not sure I’ve truly ever seen anything quite like the spread of this Bagel Boss guy video.
The time it takes for something to go viral varies anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days. Take the recent Mini Keanu Reeves meme, for example — while it eventually became huge, it slowly spread its way across the internet over the course of days, if not weeks.
The Bagel Boss guy, though, made his way to every corner of the internet within hours. Before you were even aware of his existence, Bagel Boss guy was already being posted by every major media company from BroBible, to the New York Post, to Buzzfeed News.
So, with all that said, it should them come as no surprise that not only has both his identity been uncovered — Chris Morgan, a 45-year-old from Bay Shore, Long Island — but his YouTube page has been found and he’s already giving interviews with British tabloids like Daily Mail.
Speaking to Daily Mail no less than 24 hours after he lit the internet on fire, Morgan dropped some hilarious (and, if we’re being honest, slightly troubling) quotes, such as calling himself a “modern-day Martin Luther King Jr.”
The article is full of semi-delusional madness, so we’ll just go ahead and pull the best (or worst, depending on your perspective) lines, via Daily Mail:
– “[Morgan] proclaimed himself a ‘prophet’ and also referred to himself as ‘the modern day Martin Luther King.'”
– “I’m sick of getting constantly lied to and used on dates. And then they dump me. They tell me I’m too short.”
– “They keep on choosing the wrong men. Is that all women want? Tall and with a big you know what?”
– “I have a mission. The girls hate me, they don’t like me, that’s fine. I’m not stopping and the world is going to hear me. I want equality for everybody.”
– “That’s why I have resentment towards women. I find them all to be stupid, gold digging liars.”
– “Whatever happened to the love of the 60s?”
While I haven’t the slightest clue of where the Bagel Boss guy story goes from here, I just hope the next turn it takes is for the better.