Comet Smashes Into ‘Fortnite,’ Season 4 Kicks Off With New Locations And A Lot Less Gravity
After weeks of speculation on what that mysterious lights in the sky of Fortnite, the meteors finally starting crashing to the Earth this week. Epic Games dropped a trailer for the Season 4 of Fortnite and unveiled a new crater-filled map, plus updates to Battle Royale and Save The World modes.
Many expected Tilted Towers to be obliterated by the deep impact of the comet, but the unidentified objects from space actually destroyed Dusty Depot (Which is now appropriately named “Dusty Divot). Pieces of the space rocks that crashed into the Earth are glowing and can be eaten which gives the player low gravity when consumed. They are called “hop rocks.” Will aliens crawl out of these glowing space rocks? Epic Games hinted that Season 4 will have a superhero theme, could they help defeat an alien invasion or are they the alien invasion?
— Patricia Hernandez (@xpatriciah) May 1, 2018
There is a new location called “Risky Reels,” a drive-in theater in the northeastern part of the map. Lonely Lodge now has a mansion and Moisty Mires has a film set. Here is the new Fortnite map that has been altered by the comet attack.
Gamers who purchase the Battle Pass get new challenges and in-game additions including gliders, skins, and emotes. Other Season 4 additions include:
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- ‘Random’ option added to each cosmetic equipment slot in the Locker.
- Fixed a spelling error in the description for Tomatohead.
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
- Players can now emote while rocket riding.
See all of the Fortnite Season 4 upgrades and additions HERE. Also read up on gamer Tyler “Ninja” Blevins giving his opinion on which video game requires more skill Fortnite or PUBG.