- Dr. Dre has been ordered by a Los Angeles judge to pay $1.55 million in retroactive lawyer fees for his estranged wife Nicole Young.
- The sum totals $4 million in fees Dre’s dished out to his wife’s high-powered defense attorneys, Samantha Spector (notable clients: Amber Heard and Jenna Dewan) and Lisa Helfend Meyer (notable client: Trevor Bauer’s accuser).
- Check out more culture stories at BroBible here.Fifteen months after Dr. Dre and Nicole Young decided to put the kibosh on 24 years of marriage, the couple still remains deeply entrenched in the legal weeds, as expected with $800 million at stake.Last September, it was reported that Young demanded $5 million in lawyer fees and an additional $1,936,399 monthly in temporary spousal support, justifying that number with the following breakdown:
- Laundry and cleaning: $10,000 a month
- Clothes: $135,000 a month
- Education (tuition and living expenses): $60,000 a month
- Entertainment: $900,000 a month
- Charitable contributions: $125,000 a month
- Mortgage: $100,000 a month
- Telephone, cell phone, e-mail: $20,000 a month
Spousal support is one thing, but Dre footing the bill for the very people whose sole mission is to take as much money and assets from him as humanly possibly has to be a special kind of suck.
It gets worse.
In documents obtained by The Blast, Dre has been ordered to pay an additional $1.55 million in attorney fees, totaling $4 million he’s shelled out for his wife’s defense to date.
A Los Angeles judge summarized the fees as “reasonably necessary” for this case, claiming the associated hourly rates are also “reasonable and justifiable” for Hollywood power attorneys Samantha Spector and Lisa Helfend Meyer.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spector has represented clients like Amber Heard and Jenna Dewan and said her biggest negotiation pet peeve is “piecemealing a deal together rather than looking at the big picture.” Lisa Helfend Meyer most recently represented the 27-year-old San Diego woman who accused MLB’s Trevor Bauer of a sex attack.
Samantha Spector pictured below.
Arguably the biggest kick in the scrotum for Dre is that the costs only cover fees through July of this year. They are accruing by the second.
This is exactly why I unwaveringly adhere to the manta: You can’t lose money if you don’t have any.
Mo Money, Mo Problems. This is why Diddy has never married, was engaged for four hours before changing his mind, and is making out with Australian models on the beach.