- As the rumor mill continues to turn around USC’s head coaching vacancy, Mario Cristobal wants to make his allegiance clear.
- He joined Doug Gottlieb’s podcast and absolutely tore down the host.
- Click HERE for more college football coverage!
There has been a lot of speculation surrounding USC football’s head coaching job and it leaves a lot of unanswered questions:
- Will the Trojans hire internally and give offensive coordinator Graham Harrell the keys to his first program?
- Will they go with an out-of-conference hire like James Franklin, Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell?
- Could they look beyond active collegiate head coaches and go with someone like Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer?
- Or will USC turn to the Pac-12 and go after someone like Oregon’s Mario Cristobal?
Amid the early stages of the job search, a few of the potential hires have spoken out.
As for Cristobal, however, he was quick to shut down any speculation about him leaving the Pac-12 North for the Pac-12 South.
He appeared on the Doug Gottlieb show to discuss a variety of different topics. Of course, Gottlieb had to mention the opening.
In reply, Cristobal simply said “Go Ducks.”
It started off with a simple inquiry and response. But Gottlieb kept pushing and Cristobal verbally disemboweled him. He questioned the host about why he had him on, why he kept pressing, reiterated his “Go Ducks” retort and finished by saying “here I am buddy.”
Take 30 seconds out of your day to hear Mario Cristobal dunk on Doug Gottlieb when asked about the USC rumors.
"My response is Go Ducks." pic.twitter.com/7ripxvpVW4
— Andrew G. Haubner (@A_G_Haubner) September 15, 2021
Cristobal was uninterested in talking about the USC job and had none of Gottlieb’s pressing. We won’t know know whether his definitive demeanor was a smoke screen until USC announces the hire, but it certainly seems like it won’t be Oregon’s head man.