via Dan Shapiro
Presented in partnership with UFC 257 on ESPN+
In case you didn’t already know, UFC 257 is a pretty big deal, with the biggest fight being the Conor McGregor-Dustin Poirier bout. But don’t be fooled by the big names only, because there are plenty of tasty matchups to look forward to during the event — which takes place at Fight Island in Abu Dhabi this Saturday, January 23rd.
From McGregor-Poirier, to Michael Chandler-Dan Hooker, to Jessica Eye-Joanne Calderwood, and a bunch of other Main Card and Prelim fights, UFC 257 is sure to be an event to remember. And the only place to catch the hard-hitting action is on ESPN+.
The McGregor-Poirier fight is a rematch of a 2014 showdown between the two that saw the cocky Irishman win in the first round at UFC 178. This Lightweight battle might not be for a championship belt, but there’s still plenty of bad blood between both fighters. Plus, after Conor McGregor previously announced his retirement in the summer of 2020, this is his first fight since, so he’s got plenty to prove.
UFC 257 stream: Only available on ESPN+
In addition to the Main Fight, here’s a look at some of the other scheduled battles we can all expect to see on ESPN+ on Saturday, January 23rd.
UFC 257 Pay Per View Main Card (on ESPN+ PPV) 7 p.m. PST / 10 p.m. EST
- Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier
- Michael Chandler vs. Dan Hooker
- Jessica Eye vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Matt Frevola vs. Ottman Azaitar
- Amanda Ribas vs. Marina Rodriguez
UFC 257 Prelims (on ESPN+ & ESPN) 5 p.m. PST / 8 p.m. EST
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Brad Tavares vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
- Juliana Pena vs. Sara McMann
- Khalil Rountree vs. Marcin Prachnio
UFC 257 Early Prelims (on ESPN+ & ESPN) 3:15 p.m. PST / 6:15 p.m. EST
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Nik Lentz vs. Movsar Evloev
- Amir Albazi vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
*Fight card subject to change
UFC 257 is the first major sporting event of the new year, and it’s sure to draw a helluva lot of MMA and diehard sports fans. With Conor McGregor already predicting a sixty-second knockout, it’ll only add more fuel to Dustin Poirier’s fire. Can he withstand the iconic UFC fighter’s attempt to end things quickly, or will McGregor prove himself to be accurate when looking into his crystal ball?
You’ll have to tune in to find out. And since ESPN+ is the only place to watch UFC 257, make sure to order the fight and get a year-long subscription to the streaming service for $89.98. Considering the fight itself is $69.99, this is a heck of a deal!
For those diehard UFC fans, get yourself ready for UFC 257 by watching some great ESPN+ Originals ahead of the fight — like Detail: Daniel Cormier: Breaking Down Max Holloway, and the 30 for 30 film Chuck & Tito.
Remember, ESPN+ is the exclusive home for all the action inside the Octagon. So, if you’re already planning on watching UFC 257, you’ll want to make sure you score yourself all the dope content that the streaming service offers. Just look at some of the programming on ESPN+ that you’ll get with a subscription.
- 20 Live UFC Fight Nights Exclusively on ESPN Plus
- 100+ total UFC fights, including early prelims, prelims and main-card events
- Dana White’s Contender Series, which airs exclusively on ESPN Plus
- ESPN+ members get Ariel & The Bad Guy, as well as award-winning editorial coverage
- Classic Fights and Fight Replays
- Streaming UFC (including pay-per-view fights) from any device through ESPN+
If you’re a sports fan, ESPN+ is the one-stop shop to consume all sorts of your favorite content. And while waiting for UFC 257 to take place on January 23rd, the streaming service will be a lifesaver to get your sports fix with hours of content.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.