Pants, we’ve got to wear them. Sure, there’s plenty of other varieties of things you could wear to cover the lower half of your body from shorts to skirts to dresses to etc. to etc. However, pants are what’s at the forefront of femur fashion and below.
If you’re not working in the entertainment or fashion industry, the biggest factor in deciding what you plan on wearing for the day is based around the comfort levels of the outfit you plan to adorn. And when it comes to comfort, there’s nothing as comfortable as your favorite pair of pants that you’ve perfectly worn in.
A perfectly worn in pair of pants is one with your body. They move, bend, curve and endure all that you do throughout the day. They have a history with you. They’ve been places with you. You can make them equally formal as informal. There’s a special place in your heart for this particular pair of trousers, and I’m here to tell you that it’s perfectly acceptable to rock those very pants on a daily basis.
Seriously, those pants are your favorite and there’s no reason to love the way you feel and look every day. Don’t believe me quite yet? Would you believe me if I said Dan Auerbach, frontman of the Black Keys, recently told Rolling Stone why he wears the same pants everyday, and why that’s cool?
“I wear the same jeans every day. In the Midwest, you get a pair of jeans and then you just wear them until the crotch splits, and then you have to get a new pair. I buy a lot of pants, but I only wear my jeans. I see myself as this person who can wear slacks, and then I never do it.”
For Auerbach, a very cool dude, it’s very cool to wear the same pair of jeans everyday. For me, a less than cool dude, it’s also a personal mantra to wear the same pair of jeans nearly everyday. Maybe if I bumped it up to every day, I’d be cool? Probably not, but point is that wearing the same pair of pants everyday, whatever your choice may be, is totally acceptable.
If you’re still not convinced by a quote from a rock star and some relatable sentences from an Internet writer, here’s some more evidence you can and should just wear the same pair of pants everyday.
1. If you’re considering wearing the same pair of pants everyday in the first place, especially if they’re jeans, they obviously go with everything, so just do it.
2. If there’s any odor to the them it’s mostly trapped on the inside, so nobody will notice just how long it has been since you’ve washed them anyway.
3. Nobody can honestly tell whether or not the pants in question have been washed, so it’s an easy feat to get away with.
4. Even though they may stand up by themselves when you take them off for the day, it’s just further proof they’ll assist you in standing up yourself tomorrow when you put them back on once again.
5. You can hide the fact that you’re wearing the same pair of pants everyday by simply changing up the items that you wear with them, like different shoes and shirts and various combinations.
6. They’re just pants, so if you want to wear them again and again and again in that order, yet recurring, you most certainly can!
7. The tiny stain and/or crusty stuff you find after a long period in this cycle isn’t a reminder that you should probably wash your pants, but instead just a reminder of all the good times you’ve had in those pants. Plus, a look into the future of all the good times to come.
8. Nothing else in your closet makes your body look this good and that’s justification enough!
9. When they finally start to wear and fray you’ve just inherited a vintage pair of pants, all through your own tireless work of wearing them everyday, and saved yourself $300 at Urban Outfitters.
10. They don’t metaphorically judge you by ever feeling snug around the waist region, because they are perfectly fit to you. No need to worry about the guessing game with these pants!
11. If somebody says, “I like your pants,” you can reply, “Me too! I wear them everyday,” and not be an exaggerating jerk–it’s the truth.
12. People prefer that you do wear pants, so long as you’re adhering to that basic societal norm, you’re doing your job as a functional human.
13. Seriously, for real though, they’re just pants, and nobody cares.