Looking For A Side Hustle This Summer? Here Are The Jobs With The Biggest Salary Spikes In 2019
Summer is the season of side hustles.
Even if you make good money working 40 hours a week, it never hurts to pick up a second source of income. The extra money can be used to fund bigger vacations, bulk up your retirement fund or put a down payment on Kevin Durant’s old house.
Last Friday, the US Labor Department announced that average hourly earnings topped 3% growth year-over-year for the ninth month in a row.
The two likely reasons for this increase, according to Business Insider, is tied to the raising of minimum wage and a tightening labor market.
But which jobs are benefiting the most from these wage bumps?
Glassdoor has the answer.
According to their Job Market Report, which provides a month-to-month insight on job openings and pay changes using data from compiled from their website, these are the ten jobs with most significant salary increases since 2018.
10. Web developers (+3.5% from last year)
9. Security officers (+3.6% from last year)
8. Machine operators (+4% from last year)
7. Office managers (+4.2% from last year)
6. Cashiers (+4.6% from last year)
5. Truck drivers (+4.6% from last year)
4. Bank tellers (+4.6% from last year)
3. Material handlers (+4.9% from last year)
2. Pharmacy technicians (+7.4% from last year)
And the job with the heftiest pay increase compared to last year:
1. Bartenders (+9.6% from last year)
Glassdoor reports that the median base pay for bartenders in 2018 was $32,225, compared to $35,309 in 2019.
Any of these side hustles will keep money in your pockets without taking up too much time. A few of the positions even make a decent full-time job.
But let’s not forget – bartenders make insane tips and part of the job involves talking to women all night long.
Not a bad way to make some side money.
[via Business Insider]