- A customer at a restaurant in Florida recently left a $10,000 tip on a $144.66 bill.
- The mystery diner thanked the 10 member staff for “showing up and working hard.”
- More news like this here.
The generosity of late by various customers going above and beyond to help out those in the food service industry negatively affected by the never-ending pandemic has been rather striking… and heartening.
• Back in July, one diner left a $16,000 tip on a $37 bill at the Stumble Inn Bar & Grill in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
• Another waitress in Cincinnati, Ohio received not one, but two very generous tips from customers earlier this year – $1,300 on a bill of just $29.75 and then later that day received a separate $1,500 tip from another diner.
• Last November, a customer in Cleveland Heights, Ohio left a $3,000 tip on a $7.02 beer order on the restaurant’s final day before voluntarily closing for the second time in 2020.
This week we can add another feelgood story to the mix as a diner at the Wahoo Seafood Grill in Gainesville, Florida thanked the restaurant’s staff by gifting them a huge $10,000 tip.
“On Tuesday night, a customer asked our entire restaurant staff to come to the dining area. He thanked them for showing up and working hard,” the restaurant wrote on Instagram.
“Then something incredible happened. He told them he was giving them $1,000 each.⠀
“Our staff couldn’t believe it.⠀
“Wahoo Seafood Grill’s owner, Shawn Shepherd said, “I’m not usually an emotional guy, but this really got me. I’m blown away. We’re ALL blown away by his generosity.⠀
“The last year and a half hasn’t been easy on this industry. We’re hurting and we’re exhausted, but this incredible act of kindness has restored our faith in humanity.”⠀
“Our whole staff would like to thank this generous customer from the bottom of our hearts. We are all going to pay it forward in our own ways. Even the smallest acts of kindness can have a giant ripple effect.⠀
“We’re just a local, veteran-owned seafood restaurant doing our best to weather this storm — and this is truly the last thing we expected to happen on a regular Tuesday night.⠀
“By sharing this, we hope you feel inspired to do something nice for someone today. Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.”