Guy Gives His Girlfriend ‘Ground Rules’ For Seeing ‘Infinity War’ With Him, Reactions Are Mixed
Avengers: Infinity War is a big deal. It’s the culmination of 10 years and 18 movies starring dozens of superheroes from the Marvel Universe.
How do we know this? Because (a) Avengers: Infinity War already beat the 24-hour ticket pre-sales record set by Black Panther in only six hours, and (b) it is beating the advance ticket sales for the past SEVEN Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America: Civil War and Ant-Man) COMBINED on Fandango.
Those seven movies, so far, have made over $2.5 BILLION at the box office worldwide. So yeah, it’s a big effing deal.
Which is why this guy who went viral on Twitter over the weekend, set six very specific “ground rules” for his girlfriend if she wants to accompany him in seeing Avengers: Infinity War.
Let’s break it down for you…
1. I’ll buy you whatever you want before the movie. Candy, popcorn, drinks, even a hotdog. But you can’t ask for anything during the movie.
2. No talking during the movie, I can’t be distracted. You got questions? Write them down, I’ll answer when it’s over.
3. No hand holding, it’ll distract me and I’ll miss things I’ve waited 10 years to see. Save your cooties until post post credit scene(s). Kissing also applies.
4. If a main character dies, we cry together, if you ain’t crying you walking home. I need you invested in this.
5. If you cancel the movie date, I’ll need 24 hours notice so that I may replace you with a suitable viewer, most likely Jesse. If you cancel last minute and I have to watch alone, you’ll be hearing from my lawyer.