Let’s just cut to the chase. If you’ve been paying at least a little bit of attention to the world of music over the past few months, you already know what the song of the summer is. While some people in 2016 argued there was no single song worthy of the title, that hasn’t been the case this year. That fucking song has been absolutely unavoidable but manages to still remain fairly enjoyable even though I’ve inadvertently listened to it approximately 1000 times since it invaded the airwaves.
Spotify recently released their list of the most popular songs in the world this summer, and as I mentioned above, anyone with a functioning set of years should be able to guess the top spot:
- “Despacito”- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber
- “Wild Thoughts”- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller
- “Unforgettable”- French Montana ft. Swae Lee
- “I’m the One”- DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
- “Mi Gente”- J. Balvin and Willy William
- “Shape of You”- Ed Sheeran
- “Feels”- Calvin Harris ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Big Sean
- “Attention” -Charlie Puth
- “Strip That Down”- Liam Payne ft. Quavo
- “Mama”- Jonas Blue ft. William Singe
The full list, along with a list of the most popular songs in the US, can be viewed below:
[protected-iframe id=”1e4678fa847b2f0fbdf0aa0b1a53847b-97886205-55047561″ info=”https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/spotifyusa/playlist/6d7j8Jc3yDE1xVNBmIT4Cq” width=”300″ height=”380″ frameborder=”0″]
[protected-iframe id=”f32fb6487ca37c989ad41a053265fc4f-97886205-55047561″ info=”https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/spotifyusa/playlist/5MLVqnf03fMwEWjKSNpEdk” width=”300″ height=”380″ frameborder=”0″]
“Gasolina” was released in 2004, which means that Daddy Yankee is able to put out an absolute banger every 13 years or so. I for one am thrilled to see what he comes up with when 2030 rolls around.