Thursday was a critically important day for the United Kingdom, the nation held a vote on Brexit. A majority of British voters decided that the United Kingdom should leave the European Union. The Leave vote won by garnering 52 percent compared to 48 percent of voters who wanted to Remain. This final results came despite London, Scotland and Northern Ireland backing to stay in the European Union. The vote is not legally binding and the government could end up doing nothing, but it already has had major implications on the U.K. and the rest of the world.
“The British people have made the very clear decision to take a different path and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction,” Cameron said on Friday. “I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination.”
The U.K.’s pound plunged to a more-than-30-year low against the dollar on Friday because of the Brexit vote. U.K.’s currency fell as much as 11 percent and was on course for its biggest one-day fall ever.
The United Kingdom and Europe were not only affected by the vote, the entire world and financial markets felt the uneasy implications of Brexit. Dow Jones industrial average futures are down 500 points, or roughly 2.7 percent, before the opening bell in New York. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq appear ready to plunge 3.5 percent. Japan’s Nikkei index down about 8 percent.
With fears of a U.K. exit from the European Union spiraling the world economy into a recession or even worse, the price of gold catapulting past $1,300 to a multiyear high.
If only the United Kingdom listened to an authority on the matter. Someone who has the insight to see the potentially catastrophic consequences of Brexit. Someone with the expertise in complicated geopolitical issues.
Someone like Lindsay Lohan.
Yes, that Lindsay Lohan.
Lindsay Lohan, the Mean Girl actress and part-time proficient political pundit, forewarned the world of the dangers of Brexit. If only the U.K. had heeded the red flags that Lindsay Lohan had posted on Thursday night on her Twitter, this all could have been avoided.
Lindsay Lohan made a compelling argument on Twitter for the U.K. to Remain. Such a compelling argument that she deleted her 22 tweets regarding the EU referendum.
Now without further adieu, here is Lindsay Lohan providing expert Brexit analysis.
- #Remain small shops should pay more attention
- #REMAIN Sorry, but #KETTERING where are you&why is this woman @BBCNews speaking on people rather than TELLING us what happens if UK LEAVES?
- i was referring to #sarahpalin #REMAIN #LoveIsLove
- i love the #shetlands @BBCNews thank goodness we have pure hearted people our side #besmart #ShetlandsVSSunderland #BringItOn
- #bury what’s wrong with you manchester??????
- i lived in manchester!! be conscious! #fauxpaux @MaxGeorge @DannyCipriani87 #bury has left manchester WHY?
- #remain #REMAIN @standardnews #remain #REMAIN @Telegraph unlike OBAMA’s recent setback @BBCWorld i have not been hacked
- #remain #IAMIRISH #iloveuk #iloveEu #iloveusa #onelove #freetrade don’t let me down in the UK as a loving member of your beautiful country during #hermajestythequeen ‘s birthday time
- good luck with the pound.. will take you about 15 years to get it back up #REMAIN instead
- #OXFORD #EXETER #lambeth Workplace fatalities in the UK have reduced by half since European safety directives were introduced in 1996.
- for the love of #themajestyherqueen can we please #REMAIN and READ BEFORE WE SPEAK?
- for the love of #hermajestythequeen ..the #leave #youcantsitwithus FELLOWS @SMP WE SHOULD ALL BE SITTING TOGETHER #LOVENOTHATE we can be 1
- dropping by the second… one dollar and forty nine cents.. dropping as we breathe..#REMAIN
The only thing that remains from her political rants is an Instagram video showing a Chanel bag before switching to TV coverage of the referendum with the caption, “#besmart pay attention and work hard to buy @chanelofficial #remain where’s Sunderland? Does Sarah Palin live there? Lol.”
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are sure to be knocking down Lindsay’s door today begging her to be the next Vice President of the United States.
This has nothing to do with Lindsay Lohan of course, but I feel like all political pundits on CNN and Fox News should be required to be administered four highballs of straight Wild Turkey and Mexican speed balls before they go on the air. I think the commentary would outstanding.