Girl Almost Chokes To Death After Fidget Spinner Gets Lodged In Her Esophagus

by 1 year ago

Facebook Composite

For those of you who are just arriving from a different planet, we here on earth have evolved to the point where we’re obsessed over fidget spinner. Have we cured cancer? Nah. Thought of a better way to have safe sex than throwing a bag on your Johnson? Not yet! But we have figured out how to waste hours of our lives spinning shit.

But, like all fad, this will come an go once it’s revealed that they’re made from Taiwanese toddlers in sweat shops, or someone chokes and dies.

Welp. The latter nearly happened to a young Texas girl named Britton. Britton was in the backseat of a car trying to clean a part of her spinner with her mouth, which is sanitary. Instead, she accidentally swallowed the thing and started choking.

Her mother Kelly Rose Joniec said:

“Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth – she could utter noises but looked panicked so I immediately pulled over. She pointed to her throat saying she’d swallowed something, so I attempted Heimlich but there was no resistance.”

Britton was rushed to hospital in an ambulance before an X-ray found the spinner piece was lodged in her esophagus.


Kelly said: “The GI doctor was fascinated. He’d only just learned of fidget spinners that morning when he was at the mall with his son, so it was a surprise to be faced with one in a case a few hours later.

“He’s also an advocate for related child safety in toys, so he took a special interest in the case.”

Our ancestors would be proud of our evolution.

[h/t LADbible]

TAGSFidget Spinner

Join The Discussion