Ramen noodles got me through some tough times. I ate the cheap but salty treat so frequently, a friend nicknamed me Noodle. Luckily, the name didn’t stick, because I like my nickname Old Moldy Nuts just fine.
Ramen noodles are delicious but the flavors, all seven hundred, get old after a while. It’s time to drop Ramen on their fucking heads with these insane recipes.
Cheddar Broccoli Ramen
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
2 Packets of Rice-a-Roni Cheddar Broccoli powder mix
1. Microwave your Ramen in a bowl for around 3:45 min.
2. Once it’s done, pour in the two powder mix packets and stir.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes so it becomes less of a soup and more of an approachable meal.
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 cups water
½ medium onion, sliced
¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup bok choy (or other greens), chopped
¼ cup frozen corn
1 package instant ramen noodles
2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Bring water to a boil in medium pot.
2. Add noodles to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in flavor package. Discard dried vegetable package and stir in fresh and frozen vegetables.
4. Crack raw egg into soup and push it toward the bottom to cook in the hot broth.
5. Let everything simmer until onions, bok choy and corn are cooked through, and mushrooms and scallions are tender. The egg should be cooked enough that the exterior is white.
I know what I’m having for lunch! A steak sandwich. I’m not poor anymore, morons.
[via USA Today]