Many NFL Fans Don’t Believe Tom Brady’s Response To Reports He Might Quit Fox

tom brady eMerge Americas 2023 - fox fake news

Getty Image

On Thursday, a report surfaced claiming Tom Brady might opt out of his $375 million deal with Fox. On Friday, TB12 responded.

In the report by NFL insider Andrew Marchand on his Marchand & Ourand Sports Media podcast, the New York Post reporter claimed that the amount of travel required is one of the factors that could make Tom Brady decide to back out of the deal.

“It was at 51 percent that he’s going to do it to 49 percent, with the reasoning: it’s so much money he’ll try it for a year. However, I talked to a couple people recently close to Brady, and I kind of feel like I’m going 49 percent chance he does it, 51 percent chance he doesn’t,” Marchand said.

He added, “I don’t think he wants to travel that much. I think Brady’s a guy who if he’s in, he’s all-in. So he’s not going to be showing up day of games; he’s going to be there early if he’s gonna do it, so it’s a four-day event if he does it.”

Marchand also said that he thinks Tom Brady may try it for a year, then quit.

All of that, however, is not true. At least according to Tom Brady.

Friday, the future Hall of Famer commented on a Sports Illustrated Instagram post about him possibly “re-considering his options.”

tom brady fake news instagram sports illustrated


Brady calling it “FakeNews” pretty seals it, right? He’s definitely going to be working for Fox in 2024.

As with anything Tom Brady does these days, thanks to his previous waffling on retirement from the NFL, not all football fans (including Phil Simms) are convinced.

“@tombrady source please?” one person wrote in response.

“@tombrady it’s kinda your fault that the media is reporting these stories,” another fan commented. “You won’t just flat out and say you’re retired.”

“@tombrady prove it buddy,” another fan demanded.

“I want to be great at what I do, and talking last week with the people at Fox Sports and the leadership there, allowing me to start this opportunity in the fall of 2024 is something that’s great for me,” Tom Brady told Colin Cowherd earlier this year. “Take some time to really learn, become great at what I want to do… thinking about the opportunity and making sure I don’t rush into anything.”

We’ll see if he actually follows through.

Doug avatar
Before settling down at BroBible, Douglas Charles, a graduate of the University of Iowa (Go Hawks), owned and operated a wide assortment of websites. He is also one of the few White Sox fans out there and thinks Michael Jordan is, hands down, the GOAT.