Rather Than Choke Down Another Dry Chicken Breast, Here Are 5 Ways To Make Your Choice Of Protein Taste Great
Every bro knows that protein is the key to swoledom. If you want to be the king of the swole bros, then you better make sure you are getting enough protein in.
When we think of the typical bodybuilder diet plan, rubbery chicken breasts come to mind with some broccoli. Now, if that is your idea of protein then I have a feeling you will be forcing it down your face.
So, instead of choking down those dry chicken breasts, let’s find some better ways to get our protein in.
Slow Cooker Meat
Every guy on earth should own a slow cooker. It is a life saver and it makes cooking a breeze. it can turn any guy from a culinary dud into Wolfgang Puck.
We will keep this recipe as simple as possible but just know this a very basic base that can be changed based on personal preference.
- 5lbs of meat of your choice fat trimmed
- 1 large jar of salsa
- Trim meat and keep whole (ie don’t slice or chunk it into cubes)
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray to make cleanup easy
- Put the meat in the slow cooker
- Dump salsa so that at least ⅗ of the meat is covered, preferably all of it and sprinkle cumin on
- Cook 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 on low
That is it enjoy the large amount of tasty meat that will fall apart and shred with a spoon. Add in any sort of carbohydrate that you desire. It tops rice, quinoa, pasta or even potatoes.
Another slow cooker recipe can be found here.
Grilled cilantro lime steak
Grilling is something that all bros should be able to do. It is not as hard as many think. But a nice buffer is to marinade a meat before hand. This will tenderize and add a lot of flavor and moisture. So if things get out of hand on the grill it will still turn out better than most.
- Eye of round steak (lean cut)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 4 limes juiced (or ⅓-½ cup from a bottle)
- ¼ Red onion
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend it up.
- Add the marinade to the meat (I use a ziplock bag) and let it sit for at least 8 hours and it can be done overnight
- Fire up the grill after marinating to a high heat. Let the grill warm for 5min
- Drop the steaks on and cook for 1-2 min (depending on thickness)
- Then flip and in 2 min drop heat to medium-low and cook for 5-10 min (depending on thickness)
- Take them off when they are at desired doneness and rest for 5 min
The longer the marinade sits the deeper the flavor goes. You can adjust the spice level to your own tolerance and palate.
You can find 3 more recipes for a food prepping weekend here. One of them is korean style burgers.