You could argue that Tom Brady completely stole the show during The Match: Champions for Charity thanks to just how bad he played for the majority of the afternoon. It was refreshing to see the greatest quarterback of all-time actually struggle at another sport.
Brady is reportedly an 8 handicap but played more like a 22 on Sunday as he didn’t help his teammate Phil Mickelson too often. Having said that, the GOAT still delivered some magic as he holed out for birdie on the seventh hole. He may have split his pants in the process, but hey, it was still impressive.
Tom Brady has legitimately been shanking shots all day and just did THIS!😂 pic.twitter.com/DnykRZKgxg
— BroBible (@BroBible) May 24, 2020
It was most certainly a learning experience for Brady. Nevertheless, you have to applaud the guy for stepping out of his comfort zone and struggling mightily on national television, and at the end of the day, he was able to help raise $20 million for charity.
Brady took to Instagram to reflect on his experience and shared the nine things he learned. Don’t worry, Bucs fans, he’s going to stick to his day job. Plus, he’s going to wear the proper pants next time, not his church-going pants.
- Amazing what happens when groups of people come together for the common good.
- Peyton is still as clutch as ever. 💯
- I did not escape the inclement weather… heavy stuff… ALL DAY.
- I shouldn’t wear the same pants to golf that I wear to church. 🤬
- As great as @philmickelson is as a golfer, he is a better man, coach and teammate and potentially has the best calves on the PGA Tour.
- I really enjoy golf… at halftime of football games we get checked for concussions, in golf, you get refreshments.
- It was nice to be the young guy again. 👍🏼
- @tigerwoods was a great host and champion, and I was especially thankful he missed that putt on the 7th hole…had he made it, I would have just went home. 😂
- I’m sticking to my day job 🏈