I think it is pretty safe to say that we would almost all like to have more money. Rare is the person to whom money is no object. It’s why the Mega Millions lottery reached a staggering $1.6 BILLION recently.
But how much money would you need to have to be in the financial elite of elite, the infamous One-Percent of the world?
According to Credit Suisse Research Institute’s 2018 Global Wealth Report, you need to have a net worth of $871,320 USD.
Less than you thought, or more?
Using that number, there are over 19 million Americans who are members of the One-Percent club. And no other country is even close, as China comes in second on that list with 4.2 million people.
The report also revealed some other very interesting financial numbers.
• There are 42 million millionaires worldwide.
• The average wealth per adult in 2018 was $63,100.
• A net worth of $93,170 will put you in the top 10 percent worldwide.
• To be in the top half worldwide, you need a net worth of just $4,210.
• Global wealth increased by $14 trillionlast year.
• Global wealth in 2018 reached $317 trillion.
• Global wealth is projected to rise by nearly 26 percent over the next five years.
• China is now clearly established in second place in the world’s wealth hierarchy.
• Switzerland ($530,240) is the wealthiest country, based on wealth per adult.
• Australia ($411,060) and the United States ($403,970) are second and third on the list.
• Australia ($191,450) was the highest, followed by Switzerland ($183,340) using median wealth per adult.
Learn more about Credit Suisse Research Institute’s 2018 Global Wealth Report by watching the videos below.
General introduction to the Global Wealth Report.
Which regions had the highest increase in wealth and the number of new millionaires?
The Wealth Pyramid -a key metric of the Global Wealth Report.
The future of wealth and the sub-trends that have emerged.