Instagram ‘Influencers’ Are Vomiting, Suffering Skin And Eye Damage, After Posing In Lake Full Of Toxic Chemicals

Instagrammers Are Getting Sick After Posing In Toxic Lake In Spain

iStockphoto


Doing it for the ‘Gram. That’s the call that’s made when people on social media decide to go above and beyond to get a killer photo to post on Instagram – safety to those involved be damned.

It’s what sets those known as Instagram “influencers” apart from the rest of us regular people. (Even if they do sometimes fake it or go into massive debt.)

Hang out of moving trains for that perfect shot? Do it for the ‘Gram!

Risk your loved one’s life? Do it for the ‘Gram!

Visit Chernobyl to up your social media clout? Do it for the ‘Gram!

Flock to a chemical waste dump to take a few photos? Do it for the ‘Gram!

Pose in a lake full of toxic chemicals? Do it for the ‘Gram!!!

That last one is the latest nonsense that Instagram “influencers” have been doing, getting sick, vomiting and suffering skin rashes and eye irritation, after they pose in a toxic lake in northwest Spain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz-s0BvoO89/?utm_source=ig_embed

While the lake, Monte Neme in the Galicia region, is stunning to look at – it’s crystal clear, bright turquoise and gorgeous – the reason for its vibrant color is because of chemical contamination.

That’s because the location of the lake is right on top of an old disused tungsten mine.

According to Publico

More than one has had to be hospitalized for damage to the skin and digestive system after swallowing its turquoise waters.

“One of the ‘influencers’, Uxía, after suffering an allergic reaction for two weeks, said that he had a “bad time, yes, but the photo was worth it.”

Dr. Manuel Ferreiro of the University hospital in A Coruña, Spain said about swimming in the lake, “Brief exposure will most likely cause eye and skin irritation but a longer time in the water and digestion of the toxins could cause stomach problems, vomiting and diarrhea.”

Sounds lovely.

The Local reported that “medical authorities said prolonged exposure to the toxins in the water could cause seizures and even kidney failure.”

Eh, I’m sure everyone will be fine. Do it for the ‘Gram!

BroBible Newsletter - The best sports and culture news directly to your inbox

* indicates required