Since mobile phones were brought into our lives from the technology gods, we were always instructed to drain the battery before we charged it overnight. Otherwise, it would develop a memory and have a shorter life span. However, that was nickel-based battery technology; current phones utilize a lithium-ion battery and have a much different set of charging methods. Technology has changed and now what was once preached by cellphone sales associates is completely wrong.
If you utilize these effective measures then your phone may last the entire day instead of dying right when you’re playing Pokemon Go and are about to capture a Vaporeon.
- Charge a little bit whenever you can.
- Try not to exhaust your battery all the way down and then charge it.
- Keep your battery charged more than 50 percent.
- Do one full discharge about once a month for calibration.
- Don’t keep your phone charging all of the time.
- Try to take your phone off the charger before it hits 100 percent capacity.
- Optimal charging starts when your phone goes down to 50 percent, then charge it to around 80 percent in one session
- Don’t overheat your phone; your battery will degrade much faster when it’s hot.
- Avoid wireless charging because it causes excess heat that hurts your battery.
- You can absolutely leave your phone on the charger overnight, the charger and battery recognize when they are full and make adjustments. It is actually better for you to leave your phone on the charger for hours on end than to run it down to empty and then charge it back up.
- Charging your phone periodically throughout the day allows you to use battery-draining functions that you may not use normally such as GPS.
Hopefully, these tips allow your battery to last throughout the day so that your phone has enough juice to Instagram a pic of your sushi dinner.
If you need a charger to replenish your battery throughout the day, check out the FosPower PowerActive 10200 mAh Power Bank. This charger was built to be shockproof, dirt-proof, dust-proof and waterproof, so it can go practically anywhere with you.