Doctor Forcibly Removed From United Flight Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose And Lost Teeth
United Airlines could soon be renamed Dao Airlines because the attorney for the doctor abused by the airline is an absolute killer in the courtroom. On Thursday, the attorney for Dr. David Dao held a press conference and presented the injuries that his client suffered from his brutal removal from United Flight 3411.
The 69-year-old doctor from Kentucky who was dragged off an overbooked United Airlines plane by law enforcement lost two teeth, suffered a concussion and broken nose. Dao was released from the hospital on Wednesday night. He will undergo reconstructive surgery.
The attorney for Dao, Tom Demetrio of the Corboy & Demetrio law firm, held a press conference on Thursday morning. He stated that no one from United or the airline’s CEO have not reached out to them, but they accept his public apology.
Here is what Demetrio had to say during the press conference:
- “If you’re going to eject a passenger, under no circumstances can it be done with unreasonable force or violence – that’s the law.”
- “For a long time airlines – United in particular – have bullied us. They have treated us less than maybe we deserve.”
- “Here’s what we want as a society: We want fairness in how people treat us. We want respect, and we want dignity. That’s it.”
- “Maybe airlines need to start expecting the unexpected but not at the expense… of its paying passengers.”
- “I don’t think this is a matter of race at all.”
- “He has no interest in ever seeing an airplane.”
- “I think it was $800,” on the final amount United offered Dao to leave plane.
- “We’re not ready to sue. We’re doing our due diligence.”
When asked if there will be a lawsuit Demetrio said, “Yeah, probably.”