- Urban Meyer has officially lost his cool.
- After information was leaked from inside the Jaguars organization earlier this week, he teed off in his postgame press conference.
- Click HERE for more NFL football coverage!
After Sunday’s 20-0 loss to the Titans, Urban Meyer has officially lost more games in one season with the Jaguars than he did in nine seasons with Utah and Ohio State. With the loss, Jacksonville is eliminated from the playoffs, but that might be the least of the organization’s concerns.
The year began with a splash when Meyer was caught on camera groping a younger woman at a bar in Ohio. And then he gave a shocking admission as to how bad his team really is in Week 13.
Since then, things have only gotten worse.
A report came out on Saturday that alleged three things about Jacksonville:
- Meyer called his coaches “losers,” asked them to tell them one time that they had been a winner, and threatened their jobs.
- Meyer has since confirmed that something happened, but wouldn’t say what and denied calling them “losers.”
- Veteran wide receiver Marvin Jones reportedly got into a heated argument with Meyer and had to be convinced not to leave the team.
- Meyer has since denied this every happening, but ESPN sources corroborated that it did occur.
- Running back James Robinson was benched a few weeks ago for what Meyer said was an injury. It has since been reported that the injury was not the reason.
- Franchise quarterback Trevor Lawrence came out against the decision to bench Robinson later in the week.
Despite all of the chaos and rumors that he could be replaced by one of the “losers” on his staff, Jacksonville appears to be staying the course and keeping Meyer as head coach.
Meanwhile, Meyer is pissed.
After the loss to Tennessee on Sunday, he was visibly distraught while shaking hands with Mike Vrabel, who was on his staff at Ohio State.
And then, after the game, Meyer teed off. He is furious about the information that has been leaked from inside the organization. He even went so far as to say that if he finds out who it is that is leaking the information, he or she will be fired on the spot.
After the game, he was asked about how to fix what is wrong. Here is what he had to say:
Jaguars coach Urban Meyer on fixing what's wrong: "What's the answer? Starting leaking some information or nonsense? That's garbage. … If there is a source, then that source is unemployed. I mean, within seconds."
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 12, 2021
Needless to say, Meyer’s first year in Jacksonville has been a dumpster fire thus far.
Maybe, just maybe, if you don’t want things to leak about the turmoil within your organization, don’t cause or create turmoil? Just a thought.