- Arby’s is releasing a limited run of vodka inspired by the restaurant’s french fries
- The two flavors—which promise to mimic the taste of its Curly Fries and Crinkle Fries—will be available for purchase starting on November 18th
- Read more booze news here
In recent years, many companies have discovered there’s no better way to drum up some free publicity than rolling out an unconventional product that primarily exists to make people wonder “Why does this exist?”
These promotional stunts come in many shapes and forms, ranging from mac and cheese flavored ice cream to a chicken sandwich served on a bun made of sour Airheads. However, a lot of The Brands have realized there’s one particularly well-tested method they can harness when it comes to piquing people’s interest: throwing some booze into the mix.
Last year, Taco Bell unexpectedly classed up its menu by debuting a red wine, and now, another major fast food player is getting in on the action in the form of Arby’s, which is gearing up for the launch of a limited-edition line of…french fry-inspired vodka.
— Arby's (@Arbys) November 9, 2021
According to a press release, Arby’s Vodka will go on sale on November 18th (a second drop is scheduled for the 22nd), with each bottle of the 80-proof potato-based liquor retailing for $59.99. Arby’s is releasing two different flavors based on a couple of its most popular french fry options, which are described as such:
- Curly Fry Vodka is a tribute to the mastery of crisp, spiced, curled potato. Distilled with cayenne, paprika, onion, and garlic, this innovative vodka preserves the distinctive & authentic tasting notes of the traditional Arby’s Curly Fry.
- Crinkle Fry Vodka honors the rich tradition of salted potato shapes, made with real kosher salt and sugar—a subtle homage to the simple perfection of Arby’s crisp, and golden Crinkle Fries.
You might be asking “Why?” but I would counter that question with one of my own: “Why the hell not?”