Charley Hoffman Shows Off Some Of His Masters Prep Including His Keys For Chipping On Fast Greens
One thing is for sure, the course for The Masters at Augusta National Golf Club requires some serious preparation if you plan to play well there. The fact that it is also a major, arguably the biggest major, only adds to how much time and effort the players put in practicing for a single golf tournament.
As such, during a day of practice at the Titleist Performance Institute, they asked PGA pro and four-time Tour winner, Charley Hoffman shared a little bit of what he does to prepare for majors, and more specifically The Masters.
Here’s a shocker for anyone who has watched the tournament. Hoffman’s prep involves a lot of working on shots around the green, especially taking care to practice shots that involve tight lies and fast greens – hallmarks of Augusta National.
For Augusta, Hoffman practices Lead Leg Only Chips, a drill that promotes lower body stability around the green. The idea is that by maintaining a stable lower body, you will increase the likelihood of clean contact. Something that’s important no matter where you are playing.
And since, with The Masters getting underway this week, and it is very quickly turning into a new golf season for many of us, here are a few more tips from the folks over at the Titleist Performance Institute.
• 2018 Masters TV Coverage And Online Streaming Schedule
• Tiger Woods Gives A Step-By-Step Of How To Play Each Shot Of Amen Corner At The Masters
• Check Out Daniel Berger’s Lacoste Scripting For The 2018 Masters (And How To Get It For Yourself)
• Here’s The Adidas Apparel Sergio, DJ, And Jon Rahm Will Wear At The Masters (And How To Get It)
• Here’s All The Under Armour Scripting Jordan Spieth Will Wear At The Masters (And How To Get It)
• You Can Now Watch Every Single Masters Final Round Broadcast From 1968 To 2017 On YouTube
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.