Legendary Climber Will Gadd Discusses His Early Obsession With Mountain Running And How To Prepare Mentally For Any Challenge
In February 2020, legendary ice climber Will Gadd traveled to Kilimanjaro planning to be the last person to climb the iconic Messner route before it melted out forever.
Instead, after witnessing firsthand the ice decline of Kilimanjaro, Gadd left in shock with a newfound responsibility to educate others on the global impacts of climate change.
This week, Red Bull launches an all-new adventure documentary titled “The Last Ascent” which follows legendary ice climber Will Gadd’s return to Kilimanjaro, spotlighting the drastic impact of climate change and rapid ice glacier melting on Africa’s highest point.
Gadd, a Canadian National Sport-Climbing Championship winner and 3 time X Games winner talked to us about the new documentary, his motivation for venturing places man has never been, his early obsession with mountain running, and how to overcome mental hurdles.
By with Nick Dimengo & Chris Illuminati Episode #12: How To Mentally Prepare For Anything with Will Gadd Red Bull launching an all-new adventure documentary titled “The Last Ascent” which follows legendary ice climber Will Gadd’s return to Kilimanjaro, spotlighting the drastic impact of climate change and rapid ice glacier melting on Africa’s highest point.
Subscribe and listen to all the episodes here:
Watch the entire episode on YouTube now!
We Run This is a podcast about running, made for athletes of all shapes and sizes.
- Episode #1: Why Do People Run So Much?
- Episode #2: Why Virtual Races Are Stupid
- Episode #3: These Are The Unwritten Rules Of Running
- Episode #4: Should You Run With A Mask On?
- Episode #5: The Most Ridiculous Running Records (So Far)
- Episode #6: How To Find The Motivation To Run When You Feel Like Crap
- Episode #7: Running In a Strange Place
- Episode #8: Weird Marathon Rules That Runners Have To Follow
- Episode #9: How To Fight Runner’s Fatigue & Signs Something Else Might Be Wrong
- Episode #10: Dietitian Explains The Dumb Eating Habits That Might Be Sabotaging Your Running
- Episode #11: Is Running Every Day Bad For You?